Sunday, October 17, 2010

IF: Spooky


Well another subject I had quite a few ideas for. In the end I settled on the old classic spooky house. This was also an opportunity to brush up on the 3d modelling skills.
I made and textured the house in Sketchup then lit and rendered it in another programme (daz studio) followed by post work. Once I’d got it set up I could have done lots of variations on this and it was tricky deciding on the one to go for. In the end settled on the spooky green colour.

8 comments:

jennifer said...[Reply to comment]

this is beautiful

Marie said...[Reply to comment]

Wow, definitely built on an ancient Indian burial ground. Incredible.

Ces Adorio said...[Reply to comment]

Oh I like this one. I like the greenish hue. It adds to the creepy feature without being cliche'.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

very nice!

AdamFF said...[Reply to comment]

I disagree slightly with Ces, I think that the lurid green colours and the camera angle and design are all cliche, to the point that the overall illustration is obviously a pastiche of classic horror films and Halloween haunted houses... its absolutely great. I am always impressed with what people are able to produce with SketchUp considering it's such a simple program. I would start to use it myself if it werent for the fact I'm terrified I'd never be able to draw something in perspecitve without it...!

Adam Foster-Fahy
www.AdamFF.com

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

This is FANTASTIC!

Beware The Black Rabbit said...[Reply to comment]

That's brilliant, makes me think of Daniel Danger stuff.

Nancy Bea Miller said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeously spooky!